Wildlife Damage Management Fact Sheets (PDF files)
More Links to Wildlife Damage Booklets
- Community-based Deer Management: A Practitioner’s Guide (Deer Practiontioner Guide)
- Managing Deer in Suburban Environments: A Technical Guide (Deer_management_mechs)
- Human-Wildlife Conflicts Management: A Practitioner’s Guide (H-W Conflicts Guide)
- The Double-crested Cormorant: Issues and Management (Cormorant Issues)
- Managing Canada Geese in Urban Environments: A Technical Guide (Managing Canada Geese)
- Working Through Black Bear Management Issues: A Practitioner’s Guide (bear management issues)
Master Gardener Volunteer Information:
The training manuals for Master Gardener and Master Naturalist volunteers, provide methods for managing wildlife damage, based on applied research, for a variety of different species. We recommend the latest control techniques within a framework of Integrated Pest Management (IPM), and offer strategies for a variety of situations and species.
Several important topics are addressed, including techniques, safety concerns, wildlife diseases, animal biology, legal issues, and euthanasia. We have adapted these manuals to an online format so individuals can read the information at their own convenience via the web. These manuals focus on all aspects of wildlife damage management (WDM) that are essential for Master Gardener volunteers. The first volume covers core WDM principles important for all species. The second volume contains species-specific information for reducing wildlife conflicts. To order either book, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.